Sunday, July 20, 2008

'Tis But A Flesh Wound

When Padraig was asked about his wrist after the first round, he responded with a famous Monty Python quote. If you can't pull it from your own memory banks, check out this YouTube clip.




He certainly proved worthy this weekend, posting a 283 total and winning by four strokes over Ian Poulter (who, according to Poulter, he and Tiger are the best two golfers playing right now ;-). The Shark didn't win, but he certainly proved that he's still got it - nobody expected him to be in the final group on Sunday before the week began. I admit, I even chuckled when I added his name to the roster for our picks.

As for our pool, Jeff Fannon wins again ($175) - making him the first back-to-back winner of the Tigerless Golf Pools. Congratulations Jeff - it's now your duty and privilege to recruit a few more players for the PGA! Cohen ($50) doubles his money by taking 2nd and Ridge ($25) gets his entry fee back.

Well, I have a tee time in about an hour and I have to get moving. I hope you all enjoyed it and I look forward to seeing you next month for the PGA. Check back here soon for the updates leading up to the final major of the year.

~Max

No comments: