Friday, August 15, 2008

Last Man Standing Pool

Now that all of the Major golf tournaments are complete for the 2008 season. I'll be using this blog for other pools. I'll probably have to either change the name of this one, or get a new one at some point. But, for now, this will serve its purpose.

Next on the horizon is the beginning of the NFL season. I've been persuaded to put together a Suicide Pool (aka, Last Man Standing). In Last Man Standing, players choose one team to win each week. You can only pick each team once per season. When your team loses, you are out. The winner is the one who lasts the longest. Also known a Survivor Pool, a Suicide Pool, and an Elimination Pool.

The entry fee is $50 - this is for the entire season. The season-long contest will be hosted by Frog Soda, if you're not already a member - sign up - it's free. Our group name is This Is Harder Than It Looks. It's a private group, so you'll need a password to enter. I'll email the password to you once your entry fee has been received. There are several ways to send your fee - the easiest is with Paypal (send the fee to max_rose@sbcglobal.net), but you can also mail it (send me an email if you need my address), give it to Ridge or Dwyer, or you can leave it for me at The Beacon in Forest Park (by the way, have you seen how nice the new outdoor patio is at The Beacon!)

Let me know if you have any questions. The first week of the NFL season kicks off with a Thursday night contest between the Redskins and the Giants on September 4, 2008. In order to guarantee your spot in the group (so that I have time to email you the password) you should send your entry fee as soon as possible - don't wait until the last minute, because I might be busy that weekend.

Good luck. Have fun.

~Max

No comments: